Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Kriya Yoga Gives the True Experience of Religion

“Your life will reflect spiritual consciousness if you meditate. Since the publication of my book [Autobiography of a Yogi], many people are asking about Kriya Yoga. That is my purpose. I didn’t come to give theological abstractions, but a technique whereby those who are sincere can truly know God, not just theorize about Him. The practice of Kriya gives the true experience of religion, which cannot be had by just talking about God. Jesus said: ‘Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?’

“When by Kriya Yoga I open my spiritual eye, the whole world drops away from my consciousness, and God is with me and why not? I am His child. St. Ignatius said, ‘God seeks willing hearts that He may give His bounties to them. ‘That is most beautiful, and that is what I believe. God seeks willing hearts for the bestowal of His gifts. He is willing to give us everything, but we are not willing to make the effort to be receptive.”

     Paramahansa Yogananda,
   
Journey to Self-realization

No comments:

Post a Comment