Monday, November 14, 2016

What is Religion and who needs it? 4 of 4

man is Spirit and, therefore Infinite, and the Infinite alone can worship the Infinite. This is what we must realize.    

In contrast when we theorize, rationalize, talk, philosophize, and something unforeseen comes against us, we unconsciously become angry, we forget that there is anything in the universe, except this little limited self. We forget to say, "I am Spirit, what is this trifle to me? I am Spirit." I forget it is all myself playing, I forget God, I forget freedom.

Razor sharp, long and difficult and hard to cross is the way to freedom. The sages have declared this again and again. Yet let not these weaknesses and failures bind us. The Scriptures have declared, "Arise! Awake! And stop not until the goal is reached." We will then certainly cross the path, sharp as it is like the razor and long and distant and difficult though it is. Man becomes the master of gods and demons. No one is to blame for our miseries but we ourselves. Do we think there is only a dark cup of poison if we go to look for nectar? The nectar is there and is for everyone who strives to reach it. The Lord Himself tells us, "Give up all these paths and struggles and take refuge in Me. I will take thee to the other shore, be not afraid." We hear that from all the scriptures of the world that come to us. The same voice teaches us to say, "Thy will be done upon earth, as it is in heaven," for "Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory."

It may be difficult for some of us to say this very moment, “I will take refuge in Thee, O Lord. Unto Thy love I will sacrifice all, and on Thine altar I will place all that is good and virtuous. My sins, my sorrows, my actions, good and evil, I will offer unto Thee; do Thou take them and I will never forget."
One moment we may say, "Thy will be done," and the next moment something comes to try us and we jump up in a rage.
The goal of all religions is the same, but the language of the teachers differs. The attempt is to kill the false "I" (ego), so that the real "I", the Lord, will reign. "I the Lord thy God am a jealous God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me," say the scriptures. God must be there all alone. We must say, "Not I, but Thou," and then we should give up everything but the Lord.
He and He alone, should reign. Perhaps we struggle hard, and yet the next moment our feet slip, and then we try to stretch out our hands. We find we cannot stand alone. Life is infinite, one chapter of which is, "Thy will be done," and unless we realize all the chapters we cannot realize the whole. "They will be done", every moment the traitor’s mind rebels against it, yet it must be said, again and again, if we are to conquer the lower self.

We cannot serve a traitor and yet be saved. There is salvation for all except the traitor and we stand condemned as traitors, traitors against our own selves, against the majesty of Mother Nature, when we refuse to obey the inner voice of our higher Self. Come what will, we must give our bodies and minds up to the Supreme Will."They will be done on earth as it is in heaven, for Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory for evermore” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment